Friday, February 01, 2008

The Emperor's New Clothes! Whats in a name? A lot! Especially now!

He should not have officiated his daughter's boutique with such a telling name, then I do not have to write on this subject. Or KJ and Nori should have chosen a different name for the boutique!


The Emperor's with no clothes is political parody by Han Christian Andersen.



I have a confession to make. I was once Abdullah Ahmad Badawi greatest fan, not anymore! When he was in a political limbo he was most humble and likeable. Once I was summoned by one of his officers to Wisma Putra at Kampung Attap. Even though I was on a deadline to finish my story I rushed to see him, for he then had my most extended goodwill for him go up in his political life, but then politician forgets!
The officer said Pak Lah had asked me to write something which until now I have no idea what he was trying to do then to test me for what ever reason. I was then a reporter, and again I was invited to his official residence at Jalan Bellamy for he had wanted to know how a story on one Supreme Council meeting was "misreported" and who had leaked the story to a particular reporter on the same paper as I worked with, and I said "Sir! I do not know". The suspected "leaker" was believed to be Anwar Ibrahim.
I have no idea how THE most likeable man can become an object of ridicule and disdain in such a short period of time?!
Pak Lah then would always find time to greet me when he was in a political limbo and when he was a Foreign Minister, he would always surely asked about my daughter and how she was doing or when she would be back, blah, blah, blah! You see my daughter and his daughter are or were friends, when he was in a political limbo. Suddenly he now even refused to look at me in the eyes and he would even moved away when I offered my hand to shake his!! Muslim Hadhari? I can never forgive him for that!
He is now beginning to behave like an "Emperor's With No Clothes" where all the "swindlers" in his outfit will tell him that his political "clothings" look fine, when under the present rating, and asked everyone on the street, he is politically "naked" and he does not even know it! No one on the street likes him, from a taxi driver to the entire cabinet! Mentioned his name, expletives will become part of that conversation!
I am a Malay and I am not happy with this country under him. Pak Lah was one of the hopes that I pinned on for my future generations But, alas, looking at his "swindler tailors", Pak Lah will be known in my family history annals as the most politically naked, the most hated by the Malays, inept, weak, most easily manipulated, suffering form personality bypass' syndrome, and many other syndromes Prime Minister.
I don't believe I have hated any other prime minister, not even Mahathir, as as must I hate him now. I am nearly reaching my three decades of living and I can say what I am saying now or I will never hold my piece forever, and I just hope that someone is brave enough to tell him "Sir you are naked and have no clothes on!"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below is a synopsis on "Emperors With no Clothes", a short story by Hans Christian Andersen:

"An emperor who cares too much about clothes hires two swindlers who promise him the finest suit of clothes from the most beautiful cloth. This cloth, they tell him, is invisible to anyone who was either stupid or not fit for his position. The Emperor is nervous about being able to see the cloth himself so he sends his ministers to view it. They see nothing yet praise the cloth. When the swindlers report a suit of clothes has been fashioned, the Emperor allows himself to be dressed in their creation for a procession through town. During the course of the procession, a small child cries out, "But he has nothing on!" The crowd realizes the child is telling the truth and begins laughing. The Emperor, however, holds his head high and continues the procession."

No cheers today!

31 comments:

galadriel said...

Aiyo Pasquale, this is a truly disgusting piece of news, or shall I say, shit.

Clueless PM we have. And to make it worse, the fourth floor lackeys are being Datuk-ed for NOT doing their job.

Damn!

Anonymous said...

sorry to be a nitpicker. it's Hans Christian _Andersen_.

Srikanth Siva said...

look at the fool in his tight jacket

Anonymous said...

what a silly name.
is it a boutique franchise with that name?
it still is a silly name.

rocky said...

you are not the only one. we also voted and supported for him in 2004. Now we kick ourselves. The worse PM we ever had.

The only way to safe this country is to deny BN/UMNO a 2/3rd majority and then hope for UMNO to kick him out.

Lets pray...god needs to bless this country and Pak Lah not being PM will be a good start.

sayadahbosan said...

count me in. i'm bored with him too. too weak.

team bsg said...

a telling story on a hopeless pretender worshipped by the huge gang of pseudo worshippers just waiting and waiting...for the ...

say shall we say another 50 years before Malaysia becomes another phillipines or bangladesh or what?

Anonymous said...

pasquale,

you write good, you break good stories but don't hate my brother, as hate in your heart will consume you eventually.......

Anonymous said...

pasquale,

he launched his daughter's boutique at the pavilion eh? actually, the sungai runs deeper than that...

take a wild guess which company was given the contract to do the pavilion grand launch yesterday? dollah was of course the guest of honour. and if the mall wanted him to officiate the launch, his one condition was for the mall management to give the launch contract to a particular company.... why don't u find out just who are the people behind that company... u will find them to have very very close links to dollah ;)

mob1900 said...

Epic Fail!
This imbecility top even Dubya.

Anonymous said...

Weber Shandwick the International PR company did the launch

BigDogDotCom said...

I hear you.

Back in late 2003/early 2004, we used to tell to our own selves then, "The only way we can 'repay' Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad is to ensure that Pak Lah 'delivers' and Tun did not make a wrong decision".

In 2006, we admitted that Tun Dr. Mahathir had made a mistake. We concurred with that fact!

Pak Lah definitely is a changed man! Now, probably we are seeing the true colours of the man............................

Anonymous said...

weber shandwick is the PR company... not the event company that managed the launch. big difference.

Srikanth Siva said...

now when KJ runs for government, finally he can put down his job title as businessman as opposed to penganggur.

cleopatra said...

anon@8:09PM: oh do tell. do tell... what is the name of the event company?
Oh wait! Equine? Or a Patrick Badawi's-linked event managenment company????

Pasquale. You do have a certain style which tells a lot about you, But you are very very careless. Spelling, grammar... and wrong spelling/wrong usage of words. for instance : "hold my PEACE" NOT "hold my PIECE".

Pasquale.... there is nothing wrong, legally or morally, in the PM opening his daughter's boutique.

He has done WRONG and BAD things against the people and the country. Opening his daughter's boutique is not one of them.

Gundohing said...

Previous 2 elections I voted other than BN but BN won as always. This time I will not give up. I will not vote BN just because I dont want them to have 2/3rd majority. Deny them the majority and lets have some opposition in the government. We can do it this time.

Anonymous said...

pasquale, are you really sure you are not rusdi mustapha. your account sounds like the life experience of rusdi. plus when you commented at rocky's blog, you mentioned that you were in bosnia. well, rusdi was in bosnia with rohaizad.

Anonymous said...

With him comes his nasty son in law.
Both are just as hated.

Pasquale said...

To cleopatra, please do not try to criticise me again. You obviously did not understand what the whole issue about "Emperors new clothes" is all about and why I am writing it. And to the saying "to forever hold your/my piece" it a play on word, what i meant was not "peace" but "piece" in this instance it meant if you do not say what you want to say it is akin to you will forever be "holding you penis, or cock" without masturbating or putting it where you should. That is what I meant by "holding my piece". So be smart and intelligent next time if you want to comment in my blogsite or I will reject you! So time think samrt before writing or "you shall forever hold your piece" in this case it is whether it is your penis or your vagina and not knowing what to do with it okay!
BTW no one can write English well in this country that includes you and Rehman Rashid! Okay!

To anonymous at 6.40pm I am not Rusdi Mustapha I am a moron. To you and the rest it shouldn't matter if I am who I am which I am not but just read and understand the issue or "forever hold your piece" in this case "piece" is either it is your prick, your cunt, your toke or your gun! Live a life and dont be a moron! Shit! I hate morons!

Anonymous said...

the event company is run by one of the "new daughters".. its called fashion inc (or fashion ink). this is the company that managed the launch event itself.

Anonymous said...

actually, the 'new daughter' was only acting in the capacity of a consultant (doing the usual poking and ordering around). most of the crucial work was carried out by the real event & pr companies. wouldn't we want to know how much the consultant got paid?

wishuponastar said...

In Hans Christian Anderson's fable two rascals pull the wool over the eyes of the proud and vain emperor.

Badawi whenever awake naively lets crony rascals take him for a ride.The name of the boutique aptly connotes the situation he is in.

I think the name was chosen because of the two words...The emperor and cloths.The real intention could be to honour the PM who is seen as an emperor.

Seeing KJ's cloths in the pix we have to believe that he really lost out due to the sale of entire ECM Libra Avenue shares.

Anonymous said...

Thats interesting. Daddy PM provides money to daughter and son-in-law to open their boutique. They pay rent to the landlord who in turned hired an events company run by PM's step-daughters.

artchan said...

henceforth the emperor ordered that for all armno functions, all govt sponsored kursus, golf tourney..blah blah ..must buy Polo T shirt form this company only..those not doing sp will incur the wrath of the monkey god,,and banned forever from party activities..there will be a competition..the one buying the most( with taxpayers money, of course) will be inducted to the monkey kingdom. And the emperor lived happily? ever after.

wishuponastar said...

The oxbridge cuckoos of our dear PM take pride in naming their boutique after Hans Anderson's famous book.

The Malaysian emperor who once remarked he would not tolerate
little napoleons braved the loaf baker's acid tongue to officiate
this event.How lucky it is for Malaysia to have a roti man and a tukang jahit contributing to her economy.

Malaysia Boleh!

Anonymous said...

mmm, now that Nori's busy running a business, KJ would have more time to do ....err...other things! He's not bad looking & eloquent too (did I mention rich). So, KJ, what do you say? Wanna exchange email add?

Lin

cleopatra said...

sheeesh...cannot take as good as you give.
hah. block me for all i care.

i aint the loser here , man.

and you do make a lot of mistakes in your writing.

by the way, i do write better English than you do.

Pasquale said...

Good for you Cleopatra you must be a "superior" human being for "i do write better English than you do" statement!
But I do know you are an Indian, and you people always have this complex about being better in English!
So I am now holding my piece to you!
Cheers! Sitambaram!

Anonymous said...

Before the 2004 election, I was afraid that BN would get the lion's share of the parliamentary seats due to the voters wanting to reward them for making everything feel so good/right then, and get overboard with things they would do, what with less opposition in their way. Looks like my worst nightmare really did come true! :(

Serves us right for trusting BN too much!

my cat is my life said...

gee...what is rueben G doing with them?

Anonymous said...

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?WRD=The+Night+Chicago+Died

Read these Stories, they'll solve all your problems !!!