Saturday, August 13, 2011

Let us soar high once again and to be proud of our national carrier!



Well Datuk Sri Tony Fernandes if MAS cannot do it please take over and make us proud again!
The headline of my posting is about AirAsia to take over MAS (its a done deal, might as well)!
I am writing this in a hotel room at Lester Pearson International airport, in Toronto.
You know as you go along in life you interact and meet many interesting people and as you get older you look back and be happy to acknowledge to yourself that you have had a good fortune of knowing this guy or that person.
I was introduced to Datuk Seri Tony by my good friend Datuk Rocky Bru and since then I have the opportunity of interacting with a man who dares win and to think big and made it through life and at the same time made Malaysia aviation industry a known player again...well not quite just yet to me! You have to have full control of MAS, if this airline is sliding to substandard condition!!
On a personal note I want to thank AirAsia for giving me a chance to visit places such as Menado, in Sulawesi, and Balik Papan in Indonesia, and Bali on a good and reasonably cheap fare. Prior to AirAsia I could only imagined and dreamt of such faraway places. MAS was not interested to such places as a destinations.
At Toronto airport, I was looking at the names of all the international airlines that fly to Canada: Names such as Singapore airlines, Eva Air, Etihad, Emirates for example were on the board, but Malaysia Airlines was not on the list.
Sometime I wonder why is it that our national carrier, that once upon a time compete with Singapore Airline, Jal, Qantas and many more famous brands, is now a pathetic airline as far as I am concerned. Is this a reflection of of how we managed our country's national assets??
Tony, please take over MAS and make it a member the Star Alliance, that exclusive airlines fraternity. Singapore is a member!! So why, to my mind, that MAS was allowed to slide into the same status as Air Mexicana, Vietnam Airline when we could have improved ours into an airline that the whole world will know.
As for people criticising you Tony, well you know what they say: Criticism is a form of envy!
You have done well for yourself, our aviation industry and you keep on going, just take over anything within the industry and improve it at your own pace!
I bet you MAS did not even think of Parit Buntar as you do, eh! I like that!
Cheers Tan Sri! You have my support as a Malaysian citizen!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I am not doubting that Mr. Tony is capable of turning around MAS to profit making but for the general consumers, we had to top up the fare for the sake of MAS since there is no more competition for the local route and lesser competition for the oversea route.

This exercise do not benefit the consumers. Again and again the burden of mismanagement is transferred to the consumers.

Anonymous said...

Mr Pasquale I am with you, Tony can do what other corporate Malays could not!
BTW I am beginning to like you, we thought you were racist!

Chai (I am a Chindian}

Pasquale said...

Chai the Chindian I am not and can never be a racist, at worst I am an ethnocentric or ethnocentrism, never a race hater!

Anonymous said...

Let them rob us once again and to be sick of our national robbers!

Anonymous said...

You are right. How can we allow MAS to go downhill without pulling the brakes. They need TF's brains and management whizz to whisk them out frm this mess. The top management think that they indespensable and come up with stupid ideas that will never work in a million years.They never learn .they deserve this. TF should sack all the top managemnt. They are in wonderland.

Anonymous said...

Pasquale, you may not be a racist.. but I'm sure Chai is..

If not, why would he have said "what other corporate MALAYS could not!" instead of "what other corporate PERSON could not!"

Slip of a tongue? Or deep hatred & envy towards Malays in general?

Anonymous said...

Amat hebat tajam berdesing punya lah berlapis macam brutus cakap for ceasar is a noble man.
However, with all the connections the 7 billion man has today including the manchester,myteam rembau he is as kebalan as any.
Apa bila dah dapat dan akan dapat lagi, apa kata orang kata ,biaqpila.
terima kasih burung murai sahabat ku....
arjuna waspada
changkat lobak.

Anonymous said...

For MAS to become profitable like its step-brother down south it will take at least 30-40 years. By that time our population and financial problems would have doubled and what happens to MAS will be overshadowed by biger problems.

Air Asia has successfully got Soverign Funding on its side, that is if it needs it, for over 100 planes that are on order. The aircraft manufacturers are now happy because they think that Air Asia has now implied backing of Sovereign Wealth Funds and contracts will be honoured.

During my early days in school my father always encouraged me to do better by telling me that "failures are the pillars of success".But he quickly added in case I took him literally, " so long as you do not have too many pillars".

MAS I am afrid has too many pillars.

Pasquale said...

Some one commrnted: "During my early days in school my father always encouraged me to do better by telling me that "failures are the pillars of success".But he quickly added in case I took him literally, " so long as you do not have too many pillars".
MAS I am afrid has too many pillars."

Then I will say: Get rid of those pillars of hindrances" and these apply to anything within the government etc!

Anonymous said...

Mr Magpie,

A brave and well written posting. Almost every other blog carrying information on the MAS - Air Asia share swap arrangement has been critical of DS Tony. Some of those criticisms have been racial in nature and it speaks volumes of the mentality of the blog owners and those who comment on the postings.

The performance of MAS over the years is not news to Malaysians. We all want a national airline that we can be proud of, and, if it takes someone like DS Tony to achieve this, then, why not?

Let's give DS Tony and the new BOD a chance to revitalize our national carrier!


tiredofhypocrites

Pasquale said...

Tiredofhypocrites! I am just plain tired period!

Anonymous said...

Rakyat got bungered twice by Tun and najis over MAS fiasco

Anonymous said...

It is very easy to condemn prime ministers when you are not one, but the truth of the matter it is not an enviable job at the end of the day! We have to practically do a juggling job and to decide what is best for the country!
MAS may appears to be a drastic decision but at the end of the day we have to catch the bull by the horns and conquer our economic fear, rest assured it is now under good management team, I am very sure of this.

An ordinary bloke at the end of the day!