I am posting part of Syed Akhbar Ali's Outste the Box,below, and I think it is a brilliant piece read more here... digest it for it makes sense for us to understand on how the opposition parties think:-
All kinds of wild coffee shop talk is floating around, imagining a post-BN Malaysia. Here is some of the coffee shop talk. I call it wild coffee shop talk because all this will never happen in Malaysia. Our country will burn down first in irreparable racial and religious conflict before these wild ideas ever see the light of day in this country.
I am not debating the merits or demerits of these ideas. Some of these ideas are perhaps worth pondering. But in today's scenario these are just too explosive. This is playing with fire. Here is what I heard about a post-BN Malaysia :
- Christianity shall also be recognised as one of the official religions in Malaysia
- Good Friday and Easter shall become public holidays
- The azan (call to prayer) can be heard inside the mosque only
- Majlis Agama Islam will be disbanded
- There will be a Menteri Gereja (?) in Cabinet to oversee christian issues
- Religion will not be allowed in political parties so PAS will be deregistered
- Children's religion can only be determined after they are 18 years old
- Malaysia will become a republic - the Republic of Malaysia.
- The Negaraku will be changed
- Penang, Melaka, Sabah and Sarawak can have non-Muslim Governors
- The IGP and Chief of Armed Forces can be non-Muslim
- The Royal Malay Regiment will be disbanded
- The Civil Service will be reduced by 40%
- English and Mandarin shall also be official languages
- Chin Peng will be welcomed back and made a "Tun".
- MARA will be disbanded
- Kemas, BTN, MKN will be shut down
- Pekida, Perkasa, Gabungan Graduan Melayu will be labelled 'terrorist organisations'
15 is stupid.
From a practical angle, these things are not feasible in Malaysia. This is just wild coffee shop talk. So why talk about things like these? Simple : to incite peoples' emotions. To get the angry vote. This is playing with fire.
But coming to the DAP and the church, who is the 'flinger' and who is the 'flingee'? Leopards dont change spots. They can change their initials.