Saturday, May 18, 2013

Malays like me cannot be pushed around!




In this country that was once called Persekutuan Tanah Melayu, or Federation of Malaya, we want everyone to be well and truly assimilated. They must know how to speak Bahasa Melayu fluently and to respect the Malay institution, such as the sultans and the king.
Even in Italy, Chinese there speak Italian, in all western countries, and in South East Asian countries Chinese speak the respective language of the countries well, except in Malaysia.
In Malaysia, we have Chinese who have live in this country for six or seven decades and yet they can't speak the national language, so what are we to think of this anomaly.
I implore all Malays to point this anomaly out in the open and to tell the Chinese that they must make an effort, serious efforts that is, to respect the surrounding they living in.
I am not a racist, and can never be one but push me, and I and many other Malays can be as equally a bad racist!

No comments: