Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Misplaced arrogance as shown by Malaysian-Chinese!


                           October 16, 1964, China successfully exploded its first atomic bomb.




One morning during my secondary schooldays at Maxwell School my little world came a tumbling down when my good friend and classmate Ve Tsing walked pass me without pushing my shoulder or saying funny stuff, as he usually did.
I was taken aback as to his what I perceived as arrogant behaviour and I confronted him and asked him why he was rude.
He said: "I am a proud Chinese today since China blasted its first atomic bomb and we are great people!"
I had no idea what he was talking about then, the connection between his arrogance and the atomic blast, that is.
I found out later that he was proud over the fact that China had become a super power.  Without realising it that the atomic blast had also sent Malaysian Chinese pride to orbit.  I swear the attitudes of the Malaysian-Chinese students that whole month, the whole year, heck until today have not changed.
From the first atomic blast in the 60s until the further rise in Communist China to super economic and military power today, these two facts have changed the attitudes of our Malaysian-Chinese here and around the world.
Back home, I foresee no hope in hell for my Malaysian-Chinese brethren to accept the Malaysian constitution as a matter of fact and to recognise the King as their paramount ruler and that they will never again support the present ruling UMNO led coalition.
This is indeed very sad for us as I see, my own personal view of course, the One Malaysia concept is in a comatose state (may be it will regain consioucness). In spite of our dedicated prime minister reaching out to all Malaysians from the gamut of life, the Malaysian-Chinese have failed a good government and they will not ever again vote for any UMNO led coalition government again.
So this leaves the Malays to their own devices and be aware that only their majority votes for future elections that can save the Malays from being booted out of their own home.
On a different matter I think Malaysia must make conscious efforts to get closer to the US, for only this super power can save us from being inundated by Chinese nationalism and kiasu-ism at the expense of Malaysia being controlled by a race that is so selfish and arrogant that they must be stopped.  Somebody must pointed out their misplaced feeling of superiority over others.
For the Malays, they have to stand united for the next five years to put in place an Umno-led coalition (if there is one at all) to lead the country again.
Otherwise the Malays have no one else to blame but themselves!

No comments: